Welcome to Sycamore Run
Welcome to the website exclusively for the residents of Sycamore Run. This site is the central point of information and communication between you and the board.
Here are a few quick examples of how this site can be used:
- Stay informed and plan events with a neighborhood calendar.
- Get in touch and list your personal or business services in our password-protected neighborhood directory.
- Download covenants and other important documents.
- Clean out your garage using the free neighborhood classifieds.
- A centralized and secure place for board members to communicate.
- And much more!
Be sure to bookmark our site, and visit often.
We are going to have several events coming up that may be of interest to you!
Garage Sale – Friday & Saturday, May 29-30th 8am-?pm
If you’re cleaning house, why not make a little money? Every year we plan a community garage sale (which attracts more people than an individual garage sale would). Any unsold garage sale items can be listed in the Classifieds section of this site for free. We will be contacting the Salvation Army to stop by on Saturday afternoon to help with your left over items that you would like to donate.
Spring Cleaning Day – Saturday, June 7th (8am-noon)
Volunteers are needed to help clean the neighborhood. We will start the day at the top of Sycamore Run and pick up all the common areas.
Block Party in the east common area – Saturday, June 21st, 5:00 PM
This is our time to get together and meet/talk with your neighbors!
Yes there will be a “Water Slide”
Rain Date will be Sunday June 22nd. Same Time.
If you are the owner of this cat, it is your responsibility to keep your cat on your property. There have been several complaints about this cat and it has been reported to the Mayor’s Action line. Please respect your neighbors and keep your pet at your residence. It has been reported that this cat is killing rabbits. All pets are to be monitored and not free-roaming the neighborhood.
Below is the definition of stray from the Municode of Indianapolis.
Free-roaming pet means any homeless, stray, wild or untamed pet.
*All pets must be monitored in Indianapolis. *
Monitored means that the animal:
Is controlled by means of a leash or other device held by a competent person, subject to the provisions of sections 531-401 and 531-728, which animal is sufficiently near the owner or handler as to be under his or her direct control and is obedient to that person’s command;
President – HOA
Our Homeowners’ Association Annual Meeting will be held on Wednesday, January 15, at 7:00 PM at Fire Station #53 at 6231 South Arlington Road (our voting site). We will present the final 2013 financial statements, the 2014 budget, and we will also elect the 2014 HOA board. In addition, we will have time to openly discuss any important issues affecting Sycamore Run.
• We will have some open HOA board positions in 2014. Please consider taking an active role in our neighborhood by volunteering for a position. It doesn’t take a lot of spare time! Email the board if you have any interest and we’d be happy to discuss what we do.
Please do not park in the street for the next 3 days. With this amount of snow the plow trucks need all the room to remove the snow. If you see your neighbor park in the street ask them to park in a driveway for this winter storm. Any questions email the board at email@example.com
Remember that after the storm you are responsible for your sidewalks.
Thanks and be careful.
Posted Jan 05, 2014 | 0 comments
The Sycamore Run HOA Annual Meeting was held on Monday, January 14 at 7 PM in the Community Room at Fire Station #53 at 6231 South Arlington Road. The 2012 HOA Board presented the 2012 year-end financials as well as the 2013 budget.
Tentative Community Dates for 2013
- Neighborhood Garage Sale – Friday, May 31 and Saturday, June 1
- Neighborhood Cleanup Day – Saturday, June 8
- Neighborhood Picnic – Saturday, June 22
2013 HOA board members elected
- Mark Frank
- Howard Copfer
- Heather Puletz
- Bill Binder
Open Discussion Items
- The HOA board will be replacing several neighborhood signs in 2013, especially by the ponds.
- Please replace light bulbs in your garage coach lights when they burn out. This is a safety and security issue that affects the entire neighborhood. Several neighbors mentioned that they have had good success using compact fluorescent (CFL) bulbs in the coach lights. CFL bulbs last a very long time, even in winter weather.
- Please do not park cars in the street, but especially during the winter. This again is a safety issue. It substantially reduces visibility on our winding street and makes it harder to spot children, pets, joggers/walkers, etc. It also makes it harder for the snow plows to clear after snowfalls.
- The HOA board will be replacing several dead trees at the front of the addition in the spring.
Thank you to everyone that attended the annual meeting and we look forward to a wonderful 2013!
For those voting today. We are precinct 21, and our voting location is the Abbey Road Clubhouse. It is located off of Arlington just south of Stop 11.
If you know your precinct, you can bypass the long line!
Apparently there has been another rash of car “break-ins” in the Sycamore Run neighborhood recently. I put the word in quotes because in all the cases I’m aware of, cars were left unlocked, nevertheless valuables were stolen. This appears to be mainly a crime of opportunity, so please keep the following points in mind:
- If you don’t park in your garage, lock your car at all times – even if you just have to run in because you forgot something.
- Keep all valuables (purses, shopping bags, GPS, CDs, etc.) out of sight.
- Stay well-lit. Make sure your garage coach lights and porch lights are in working order.
- Keep an eye open. Report any suspicious activity to the police.
If you have other ideas or suggestions, please post a comment.
How to vote in Indiana
Your Local Election Office
County Board of Voter Registration
200 E WASHINGTON ST STE W131
INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46204-3335
Phone: (317) 327-3893
Fax: (317) 327-5040
Having a hard time remembering the URL for the Sycamore Run website?
Now all you have to do is go to www.sycamorerun.org to stay current with everything that is going on in our neighborhood. It’s the same website, just a different way of getting there.
Our old address (sycamorerun.neighborino.com) still works, so feel free to use whatever works best for you.
Registered neighbors can use our Forums as a way to connect with other neighbors, voice opinions, ask questions and more.