Welcome to Sycamore Run
Welcome to the website exclusively for the residents of Sycamore Run. This site is the central point of information and communication between you and the board.
Here are a few quick examples of how this site can be used:
- Stay informed and plan events with a neighborhood calendar.
- Get in touch and list your personal or business services in our password-protected neighborhood directory.
- Download covenants and other important documents.
- Clean out your garage using the free neighborhood classifieds.
- A centralized and secure place for board members to communicate.
- And much more!
Be sure to bookmark our site, and visit often.
The Sycamore Run HOA Annual Meeting was held on Monday, January 14 at 7 PM in the Community Room at Fire Station #53 at 6231 South Arlington Road. The 2012 HOA Board presented the 2012 year-end financials as well as the 2013 budget.
Tentative Community Dates for 2013
- Neighborhood Garage Sale – Friday, May 31 and Saturday, June 1
- Neighborhood Cleanup Day – Saturday, June 8
- Neighborhood Picnic – Saturday, June 22
2013 HOA board members elected
- Mark Frank
- Howard Copfer
- Heather Puletz
- Bill Binder
Open Discussion Items
- The HOA board will be replacing several neighborhood signs in 2013, especially by the ponds.
- Please replace light bulbs in your garage coach lights when they burn out. This is a safety and security issue that affects the entire neighborhood. Several neighbors mentioned that they have had good success using compact fluorescent (CFL) bulbs in the coach lights. CFL bulbs last a very long time, even in winter weather.
- Please do not park cars in the street, but especially during the winter. This again is a safety issue. It substantially reduces visibility on our winding street and makes it harder to spot children, pets, joggers/walkers, etc. It also makes it harder for the snow plows to clear after snowfalls.
- The HOA board will be replacing several dead trees at the front of the addition in the spring.
Thank you to everyone that attended the annual meeting and we look forward to a wonderful 2013!
At the request of a fellow neighbor, we’re asking for everyone to be on the lookout for a lost family cat:
- Lost Cat – All Black
- Was exclusively indoor and got out 10-25-2012
- Short hair, plump (at least he was)
- Long canine teeth don’t fit inside his mouth
Name Bagheera, Mail, neutered, not declawed.
The family misses him and requests anyone with information to call 317-443-0170.
For those voting today. We are precinct 21, and our voting location is the Abbey Road Clubhouse. It is located off of Arlington just south of Stop 11.
If you know your precinct, you can bypass the long line!
Apparently there has been another rash of car “break-ins” in the Sycamore Run neighborhood recently. I put the word in quotes because in all the cases I’m aware of, cars were left unlocked, nevertheless valuables were stolen. This appears to be mainly a crime of opportunity, so please keep the following points in mind:
- If you don’t park in your garage, lock your car at all times – even if you just have to run in because you forgot something.
- Keep all valuables (purses, shopping bags, GPS, CDs, etc.) out of sight.
- Stay well-lit. Make sure your garage coach lights and porch lights are in working order.
- Keep an eye open. Report any suspicious activity to the police.
If you have other ideas or suggestions, please post a comment.
A reminder to everyone that today (7/9) at 5pm is the Sycamore Run Block Party. The Bounce House was delivered this morning. Hamburgers, hot dogs, drinks and tableware will be provided. Please bring a dish to share according to your last name:
- A-L = Dessert
- M-Z = Salad / Side Dish
As always, feel free to bring lawn chairs, games, balls—you know, the fun stuff! If I can round up a couple more hoses, I was considering setting up a sprinkler in the common area to help the kids beat the heat.
Bounce House provided by Roger Moran (317) 339-9175
As a reminder, Spring cleanup day is this Saturday (6/11). We will meet at the front entrance at 9am.
The HOA will provide trash bags. Feel free to bring any other tools such as shovels, rakes, gloves, etc.
We found a male white pekingese dog in our back yard today. It has an up-to-date rabies tag, but no owner’s information. If this dog belongs to you or you know who it belongs to, please call Mark or Shannon Frank at 887-3041.
UPDATE – We were able to locate the owners. They just recently moved in to Red Fox and were ecstatic that we found him. ;-)
How to vote in Indiana
Your Local Election Office
County Board of Voter Registration
200 E WASHINGTON ST STE W131
INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46204-3335
Phone: (317) 327-3893
Fax: (317) 327-5040
Happy Halloween Neighbors!
I’ve created a new photo album title Halloween 2010. Feel free to upload and share any photos you take this evening.
To upload photos:
- Go to to the Photos section
- Click “My Photos” in the right column.
Have a fun and safe night!
We’re hoping that someone found a black lotus female wallet at the block party/picnic on Saturday. It contains a driver’s license, etc (Chicago address).
If anyone happened to pick this up, please contact Carmen Wolfe or take it down to 5550 Dill Ct.
You might ask other members of your household if they happened to see it as well.